April 8, 2010

The new house is great. After two years of living on audio books I finally have a place to sit and read with no interruptions. Only now I understand how much I missed it. The couch I am sitting on is a perfect piece of furniture. I have a very strange relationship with the furniture, I don't like it. Most of the things we bought so far were just a good practical decisions. But that couch was a spontaneous buy that makes me happy day after day. I wish all of our furniture pieces were like that, but haven't seeing for ages anything I liked as much as this couch.

So I am sitting on my couch, reading a good book, and it is just perfect. There is a cup of tea and a little sweet. The couch is on the middle floor so I can hear both my son upstairs who is having a hard time falling asleep and my husband who is downstairs playing a computer game both coughing sometimes. Nobody needs me right now and I can monitor the situation without disrupting my reading because I know that everybody is alright and it gives me the peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment