April 22, 2010

Tomorrow will be a tough day. I am preparing myself to be calm and patient to get my son through the day in a best way possible. We are going to a hospital for a small procedure. The doctor says it is very simple, but still they are going to give him an anesthesia and as with any trip to a hospital there is always a threat of an infection. Usually the trip to a doctor is not a big deal for us but tomorrow my son won't eat, and will be probably very cranky, as any man he doesn't like to be hungry. I thought that maybe in solidarity we shouldn't eat either, but nor me nor my husband are great when hungry and we will need all of our strength to support him. So we are going to eat in closets.

My little bear is healthy so we go to a doctor only once in a few months and for a child it is like forever which means he is not used to hospital environment. We saw the doctor who will be doing the procedure three months ago and I hope my son will remember her, so it won't be too scary for him. Although I am prepared that my child will amaze me and will be brave and calm and collapse only when we will come home because he has shown a great deal of strength of the character on quite a few occasions. With him preparation is the key, when he knows what kind of situation is ahead, he is much more relaxed. I hope we talked to him enough. Now we also need to be as brave as him. To see your child in this kind of situation is heart breaking.

As I see it, tomorrow can go both ways, it can be a piece of cake because actually nothing major is happening, or it can be a disaster as our child will be crying all the way through and afterward, as he will be freaked out and hungry. Of course it probably will be somewhere in the middle, some calm moments, some crying and a lot of sitting on mommies arms. Ok lets see. Wish us good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment