June 22, 2010

It's being longer than I promised to myself since I wrote anything here. But now I know something about myself for sure, to follow through I need to set up a reminder. These days I just simply forget things.

For example I wanted to read a great book on raising boys, and I have read it for a few days, until I put it in a drawer couple weeks ago, and just found it yesterday, until the moment I saw the book it didn't come up in my mind once. My life is so full of events that I have no capacity to remember everything even such a simple thing as this.

As for the blog. I even had quite a few ideas to write about, but..., well... I didn't.

Today I had a wonderful moment with my son. As we were doing our "before bed" routine, we put some music on. The children's song from my childhood was playing. I looked at my boy who was listening to the song very intently. It was so clear to me how different our childhoods have been. And it is going to be so hard for us to relate to each other expirences. At least I will have a chance to tag along with him in a journey of becoming a young adult in America. He won't have opportunity like that. The country where I was born even doesn't exist anymore. We were holding hands, and I hope we will keep doing that through many years to come.

I was wondering if in a few years as he will go to the school and embrace a different culture, he is still going to be able to enjoy the song by crocodile Gena and his friend "Cheburashka" about the blue train. I think I am ready for any outcome, but I really hope that as my child grows up he won't push away the knowledge about his roots and will be able to accept it as a part of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment