July 8, 2010

This afternoon I was sitting at work and contemplating if i should or shouldn't go with the co-workers for an outing. I was tired and I had things to do so it was so much easier to stay, but finally I decided that it might be very nice experience and as those things go I was right.

We went to our beautiful main library for a tea. Everything was set up very nicely. The large light room decorated with flower arrangements and a quite interesting chandelier. The view of the beautiful garden. The tables had nice linens, and cute cups and plates. I ordered Bangkok tea, green tea with coconut flavor and couple other flavors, it was delicious. Served with the tea there were sandwiches, fruit tartlets and scones, all little and very cute.

What was very pleasing we weren't talking about work at all, and I was glad my boss wasn't there, because she tends to bring up the work when we go to lunches with people. The conversations were light and relaxing. We talked about pets, books, singers, movies, Twilight, and of course how my water broke at work, which somehow always comes up although it was two and a half years ago.

Another thing that I noticed how comfortable I was, I knew at least something about everything people were talking about, except of course the pets part, since I am not really interested in that. I guess listening to the radio a lot pays off.

The whole thing seemed very civilized and mature, and I was really glad I came. I am a big fan of the tea and especially when it happens in a such aesthetically pleasing space.

No comments:

Post a Comment