March 28, 2010

So another day another post.

Today is the day when I am going to refresh my gardening skills. We went to Home Depot and I bought some seeds and over stuff. I hope I still remember how to do it. Last time I gardened I was 18 or 19 years old which was more years ago than I am willing to accept. I had being visiting my grandmother during the summer months for a few years, and we had an agreement that if I help her with the garden in the morning and can do whatever I want for the rest of the day, which was very great agreement although I had to wake up sometimes at 7 o'clock. Now I am grateful to her because I learned a lot back then. I hope she knew that I actually enjoyed spending time with her like that.

I still need to buy a book or find some good resource on-line. I am going to start slow. I bought pansy seeds, a few dahlias, tomatoes and sweet peas and plan to plant peonies in the fall. Everything is ready for the time my son will wake up from his nap so we could do it together. He was especially exited about his own water can, he was hugging it for the long time as he was riding in a Home Depot cart. We are going to plant pansies and tomatoes today and other seeds and roots we will plant in the ground in couple of weeks when it will be warmer and I will finally pick the place for all of them.

As I was thinking about gardening I took another look at our back yard, and found it in a pretty bad shape. We really need to clean it up and soon, or grass won't be able to grow. As I tried to talk about it with my husband he didn't answer me, but I hope as it will sink in for a bit we can have a conversation because it is one additional thing that nobody has time for. :)

I am actually exited and very hopeful that at least some plants will survive until the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment