April 9, 2010

Rain didn't stop us from going to class this morning. By the way we were walking, the school is 10 minutes from us. Have to say that my son behaved very well, and even having very limited amount of time, we were opening the school's door as the bell rang 9 am exactly. I was very proud of us.

There weren't anything radically different. They sang songs, played with the dough, water, and toys. I liked the toys a lot, some of them were made from wood, the dolls and animals are created in a very minimalistic manner, sketchy features, some of them knitted, very warm and enjoyable. The children seemed to like them a lot. My little one was particularly fond of the cats.

There were couple of things that I noticed today. The teachers were very noninvasive. Being part of the scene they were guiding children and parents in such manner that the whole chain of little events smoothly followed one another. They do pay more attention to meet needs of the individual children. Teacher entertained a bit more the children that were more active and to me seemed older than others. Which is a positive notion.

The parents are always given the crafts project. We (my nanny and me) were intertwining threads and sewn couple of flowers. Maybe they have their own reason for doing that, but I am convinced that the purpose is to distract parent from shadowing and disrupting their children.

My son really enjoyed the class today, and said that he wants to go again. Next week my husband will be going with him and I am so interested what kind of impression he will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment