April 24, 2010

Three of us went to Arboretum today. The weather was excellent, not too hot, a light wind. Perfect conditions for a walk in a park. Of course I wanted to wander and see all of the blooming flowers, but of course my toddler wasn't in the mood. We were constantly stuck at places for a long time. When we stopped at a little overgrown pond, my son just planted his skinny bottom on the bank and refused to move. When I heard something moving in the bushes I looked around. After a little bit I located a frog which was jumping in a strange pattern, and after watching for a little bit I realized that it didn't jump on its own, on the over end was a small garter snake that was holding the frog. The frog was still alive. I am so glad that frogs are really primitive because otherwise it would be so terrifying for it to be eaten alive. But the brave frog was fighting until the end. I looked for a while and although the sight of this battle was interesting it was also quite disturbing. I called my husband, and he was fascinated by it a lot, as he never saw a snake in a wild. He also took some pictures. Now I need finally to find a wire for my camera to download images. After a bit we decided to move on.

Our Arboretum has a whole alley with lilacs and each year thousands of people come to see them bloom so usually there is a huge crowd wondering the hills. But today was not too bad, since the lilacs just started to bloom, and not all of them were in full flowers. We walked from bush to bush smelling the flowers and discussing how much different they smell. One type smelled like rice. And then we just walked around and enjoyed the weather.

As the day was ending we decided to stop buy at BestBuy to take a look at what they have, since we have a $300 gift card, and have no ideas how to spend it. Our son was thrilled and tried to climb everything in sight, I tried to destruct him with iPad. And I have to say that it is true what they say, this thing is very easy to use, my two years old, figured it out in minutes, hubby on the other hand wasn't too thrilled saying that he expected more from it. Well we spent an hour there and still not sure what we should get.

Everybody was very tired by the time we got home, but I like this kind of tiredness and it was a great family day.

No comments:

Post a Comment