April 2, 2010

Today was a nice day. Our nanny got sick so I stayed home with our son. We did our routine staff in the morning and after breakfast I thought that we should cook something for lunch so I decided that we are going to make baked sweet potato "chips" they are not exactly chips but better and my son likes to call them that. It is pretty simple process but it takes sometime, they need to be in the oven for an almost an hour and of course they are the best when fresh, so bottom line I rarely have a chance to make them although everybody loves them. I don't like peeling the potatoes, I think its my least favorite thing about cooking, but having my son sitting next to me and commenting on the process makes it much more fun, especially when he is trying on the new words that he learns in the process of cooking. Soon we put the cut potatoes in the oven. For ten minutes after that my son was trying to pronounce 350 which is the temperature, he got fifty very fast, but saying "three hundred" was a challenge, and I was very amused.

I am very excited to announce that a few of the tomatoes have grown already. Can't believe it. My son wasn't as exited I guess he is a bit young to grasp the concept of what happened. He started to run around wanting to water them, that part he loves.

The rest of the day was also nice and easy. And although its pretty late I even feel like cleaning up or something. I probably should do that while it lasts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment